Monday, January 17, 2011

The four-legged member of the family

Last night, while I was watching my all-time favorite Ginebra, a tod came and stole my in-game moment away. You... you... obese dog! Canine invasion! Alert!

I'm not used with pets anymore, at the house I mean. We've never had four-legged heroes/heroines lurking around with a wagging tail, an irritating bark, a vibrant soul, some sharp razor-like teeth, and a peeing-pooping thing in one. The closest we've come this last decade was a fish. And fishes don't bark, nor do they meow. They just swim around the tank, silently. Fishes don't try to snap you out of what you're busy with if they ever need food, sleep or a scratch. But don't get me wrong, I love that wagging tail popping around like some waving black balloon in the sky. I'm just saying that the intruder has perfectly disarrayed my life - my day off to be exact.

She gave me a nice heads up last night, or at least that's what I believe. I think I earned some honor from her for letting her sleep on my bed, scratching all over things, staging a scene, exploring the horizons as if she were sight-seeing. Lakwatserang aso. I think she pretty much did everything at the bedroom last night (except for the pooping thing, thank heavens).

So since I practically knew nothing about dogs (except that they shouldn't be fed chocolates), I am trying to Google out stuffs in attempt to understand the canine community. And for the time being, I think she'll just be the stinky dog that's gonna be my bedmate until we know how to carefully bathe her. Until then...

Here goes Haw, my little bro's dachshund/Chiqui to Mama and Dada
Side note: Before getting this post published, my Dada said she'd sleep at their room from now on. I was like 'Why?' But then, at least I don't get to do the clean-the-poop and dish-the-pee part. Plus, at least the parents will have someone to divert attention to whenever their kids are out dating or whatever. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. They may be a handful...but aren't they adorable? =)

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more. I always see myself coming home and looking for her, and she does the same.

    ReplyDelete