Thursday, September 9, 2010

Unburdening the excess baggage

People who stood by me through time know well-enough how I love clutter in my life -- the intellectual, emotional and even the stress garbage are welcome by hugs and kisses. I know, I’m insane, but life without chaos just sort-of feel like abnormal to me. Not until the excess baggage, turned jagged pill, became too heavy for me to load and too big for me to swallow.

The anguish, pain, mistrust, and aches were just some of the things I got into just to feed the habit. I was a masochist, according to my friends. I guess masochism was something I innately practice, and condemn at the same time. At some point, I hated myself for seeking this form of gratification because it just doesn’t make sense.

Now I thank the universe and reality for bitch-slapping me for going too far, and for subjecting my wimpy self to vulnerability.

My life is now moving forward, on to realigning my responsibilities and theirs as well. And now we go towards our own direction, in proportions.

Side note: Things couldn’t have gone any better if not for the unburdening. So I also thank the self-serving souls of this world for the awakening.
Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment