Sunday, August 29, 2010

Me and my poor judgment

I've never been really this concerned about making people happy, aside from Dada, Mama and EJ that is. But today, it just felt so immature of me to not share some time with the people who I practically live with, particularly my aunt.

My Auntie Ling is no ordinary aunt. She's having trouble distinguishing fact from fiction; reality from hallucinations. She talks to her imaginary friends, like a child does with her dolls. She covers her ears in terror sometimes because she says there were echoes. She argues with herself most of the time, something I regularly do, but silently. She does it bold, and loud. I distanced from her because it felt nuts sometimes to want to talk to her when suddenly her mood shifts into being nice to being really mad for no apparent reason at all.

And it never really was easy for any of us to deal with these kind of things, and neither was it for her.

I just find it too selfish of me to deprive her of the interpersonal connection, which I know would help her be her old self again. And it may seem a bit too late for this realization, but today, it just feels right to give her back the joy of being with family.

Side note: For what its worth, I am sorry for all the times I let my obscurely naive judgment ruin any relationship that should in fact be cherished and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment