Saturday, August 1, 2009

All I want to do is dream...

Being a writer was my long-time dream, and it still is. Yet, how can I want to become one, if I can’t basically make it a living?

I have worked for an online-based research writing company, and I tell you, it wasn’t easy at all. It was a struggle to talk about things that don’t interest you – things that are extremely and awfully boring. I deprived my thoughts their right to shine and be heard, I have kept my inherent commentaries all because I wasn’t allowed to bring a taste of flavor on the manuscripts. However, I did made a couple where I incorporated my own strokes, and hey, nobody reacted violently about it.

Months passed and I felt like it wasn’t my calling. I had a full-time job then, and felt that I was torned between two unseemingly-fulfilling careers so I had to make a choice and start focusing on the one I think would most likely help me to become myself. So I let the writing go. I settled for a job at the office, where you interact with not only computers, but with other human species as well. It was the time of my life, because the people I called human species became my friends. Although I wasn’t fulfilled with the job I was paid for, I stayed there because I felt that the friendships I made meant more than the fulfillment I was looking for within me.

However, it wasn’t long when I felt that it wasn’t what I really want for myself. I don’t want to be stucked, stagnant. I believed there’s more of me that I can offer, thus improve, and it felt like I needed to move on.

Now, I’m working on one of the biggest companies in the newspaper industry, and I am eminently grateful for this once in a lifetime chance. I thought that being here was a super fluke, now, I believe I’m here for a finite reason: I deserve this. Truthfully, I am happy about the job I am currently in, and I feel necessary at the department I work for. The challenges, the erratums, the stress calls. All of these are part of who I am now. Though I may stay here for long, I still want to earn the right experience I need to achieve my long-time dream someday… until someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment