Saturday, August 1, 2009

Here's to yesterday

My life isn’t that much of a mystery. I have always been very transparent about how I feel about certain things that people ask me about. I have always been a story-teller, and I find joy in trying to tell the world how I lived and how I continue to do so. It was, somehow, a habit I couldn’t break… until I finally reached the point of no return where I learned that a little mystery won’t hurt me, and that untold secrets about me and my world wouldn’t make a difference at all. And together with the loss of habit, I lost my “so-called” friends.

At first, I felt like we were just giving ourselves some time off from being together for four years. It was something I never asked for, nor wanted (though I was glad that we had the space apart). After a month or two, I thought we’ll then reconcile our friendships and continue to enjoy each other’s company like we always do. However, the odds were great, and suddenly we got too uncomfortable to go back to where we were before. Things just ended up quite obscure this time that we can’t patch it up anymore.

Side note: Changing something for the better doesn’t make one less of a person, nor does it make one less of a friend.

3 comments:

  1. I also experienced the same falling out with one of my (then) close friends. Until time passed and we've outgrown each other.

    I guess it happens. Sabi nga nila, some people come into your life but not all of them are meant to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well... like what we always say..

    we can't really please everybody.. ^_^

    hang in there..

    ReplyDelete
  3. tenks dens.. hehe.. ^_^ i really need to have a pet name for you.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete