Wednesday, August 5, 2009

On a High, with Five

My adolescence started with them, my formative years to be exact. I learned the basics, giggled about my crushes, played indoors (and outdoors even), attended parties, developed my hobbies, competed, studied, prayed, laughed, sanged, cried, ate -- with them. I had most, if not all, of the wonderful experiences with them. But like every chapter, ours closed, and off we went to see the world go on proportions.

And here we are, after eleven long years, our chapter re-opened.

I missed them all. I missed how I usually start the day seeing them, and end it by bidding them goodbye. It was a routine, if I may state it that way -- a routine I never thought I'll miss all these years.

We laughed, ate, talked, whacked, and to sum it all up, we made up for the lost time. And yes, it was the time of my life. And alas, I found the missing link.

When I was younger, I thought that when you have a career, and you have someone to love who loves you back, everything's alright. Well, it is. But I happen to neglect the fact that, sometimes, you need friends who you open to, be frank with, play stupid with, and still love you for the person you've become.

Seeing them after such a long time gave me back the joy of having friends -- a bunch of friends. I cannot recall how long has it been since I've gone to a group date with friends. It was always just me and EJ, me and my best friend, never a group. You may well be wondering how someone like me could not have friends to go out with? To tell you frankly, I don't know. I just don't have it.

That's what made last night such a high -- I'm on a high, with us five. ^_^

6 comments:

  1. ayun. wahahaha naayos din.

    Isa lang masasabi ko. Iba talaga ung feeling ng makita mo uli ung mga ka close mo after so many years. Basta, inexplainable yung feeling sobra. Tapos ung regret na ang aga natapos nung gabi kasi ung isa jan sobrang late na. mwahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahh!! i apologize! hahahha!! babawi naman diba? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be guilty of neglecting some of my friends when I was in a relationship. The relationship ended surprisingly but i wasn't surprised at all that my friends remained and stood by me. :)
    It's good to once in a while have those moments with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. finally... ^_^ well, what can I say... the words you used to describe everything.. perfect...

    I'm speechless beyond words...

    I felt free when i met you all again for so long.. even before I knew my SGA days were the best.. and is still the best... Never in my entire life will I ever let go of my memories in SGA.. and i will never let go any of you either..

    I found new strength in you guys.. an inspiration..

    the Gabrielans will live on.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete