Saturday, August 1, 2009

A glass half full

I had been, for the past twenty years, an optimist when it comes to living and everything that goes with it. The lady in me, scared as ever, still sees a green light where there’s red everywhere. After having to go through a huge emotional suffering two and half years ago, I’m still glad that I have come to the peak of what I can call my purpose-driven life. And yes, the purpose is none other than you.

The year 2006 was the darkest year I ever had. The healing was an agony itself. And you coming into my life was the greatest relief. I admit, yeah, you might say I was insensitive. I was dumb to believe that you were just one person among the crowd. And indeed, I rejected you for the simple reason that you were too packed in your box world, and I was too stubborn to unpack you up.

I was too focused and forgot to notice you, not that you didn’t make an impact, I was just looking at the wrong direction.

Just when it felt like the world was purely empty, you gave me a half full.



Side Note: YES! I am a glass half full. I want to thank the guy who sees the glass as half empty, all because he supplements the fact that I am indeed unwhole – without him; all because he fills it in, with love more than anyone could ever ask for. You saw me as your truth, your happiness. Who would dare ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment